Chief Commercial Officer
- This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for leading, developing and implementing a culture of strategy, execution, and people leadership and development, which will optimize growth and ensures commercial excellence and superior customer experience. He/she will have oversight for commercial insights, marketing, training, sales, clinical nurse education, and market access.
- Collaborate with Senior Management and Commercial team to develop strategies, plans, and team leadership for customer strategy, revenue optimization, and distribution and channel management.
- Oversee the implementation and successful development of strategic sales and marketing plans and ensures integration between marketing, sales, and distribution strategies and plans.
- Proposes and ensures implementation of pricing and contracting strategies
- Drive performance-based culture.
- Oversee sales forecasting.
- Oversee marketing function in the planning and evaluation of marketing strategy.
- Interface with Human Resources staff to lead the recruitment and retention of top talent for the Commercial team.
- Ensure appropriate advancement opportunities and training/development opportunities are available for Commercial team.
- Analyze and interpret changing market and industry dynamics/trends to determine the effect on current business and use this information to formulate new commercial strategies and tactics.
- Manage multiple projects while leading staff in establishing priorities, setting standards and working collectively to accomplish deadlines and objectives.
- Ensure effective control of Commercial team results, and take corrective action to guarantee that achievement of Commercial objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Up to 80% Travel.
- Strong understanding of sales and marketing strategies with proven ability to build and lead all facets of a Commercial function.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, MBA is desired
- 20+ years of progressive Commercial experience in pharmaceutical industry, hospital-based experience required.
- Extensive experience building and managing high performance Commercial teams in pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated ability to hire top talent, develop and manage employees, and build a successful organization.
- Prior commercial experience in similar size organizations as well as large corporate organizations.
- Proven success with building and leading commercial operations.
- Solid experience with innovative go-to market models.
- Proven success with launching new products to market.
- Ability to work well within all levels of the organization.
- Results driven.
- Ability to analyze cost-benefit scenarios and negotiate contract and vendor agreements
Other skills/ abilities
- Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness to all levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail in analyses, deliverables and communications.
- Strong presentation and communication skills; must be able to provide succinct, strategic, and actionable insights to senior executives.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects.
NOTE: This Job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.